My Code of Ethics
As a coach, it is paramount to define my standards of behavior, principles, and ethics. This page is meant to provide a reference, resource, and guide for the code of conduct, belief, and principles I hold myself accountable to as your partner in transformation and the holder and witness of the power and sacred container of your inner work and journey.
This current Code is based off the work of two of the primary licensing bodies in the industry the International Association of Coaching and the International Coach Federation. In addition, I also adhere to a more holistic-code provided by the Handbook for Energy Healers. This page will be updated periodically and expanded as needed. I will notate the date of updates below. Please print a copy for your reference at any time.
- I, as your Coach, will maintain high standards of competence in my work, by continuously learning, evolving, getting feedback and mentorship, and excelling in the level of transformation and space I provide for my clients. I strive for mastery as your guide, coach, alchemist, healer, and inner world confidant.
- I will represent myself in an honest and fair manner, being knowledgeable about my particular competencies and limitations, and where I can help you—and where I cannot.
- I strive to be aware of my own belief systems, values, needs, and limitations and the effect of these on my work. To the extent feasible, I attempt to clarify the roles I am performing for relevant parties, and to function in accord with those roles.
- I uphold standards of ethical conduct that reflect well on the individual coach (myself) as well as the profession at large.
Respect for People’s Rights and Dignity
- I treat my clients with dignity and respect, being aware of cultural differences, their own cultural background and biases, and the client’s right to autonomy, privacy, and confidentiality.
- I accord appropriate respect to the fundamental rights, dignity, and worth of all people. I respect the rights of individuals to privacy, confidentiality, self-determination, and autonomy, mindful that legal and other obligations may lead to inconsistency and conflict with the exercise of these rights. I seek to learn more about cultural, individual, and role differences, including those due to age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual identity, gender orientation, disability, language, and socioeconomic status.
- I try to eliminate the effect on my work of biases based on those factors, and do not knowingly participate in or condone unfair or discriminatory practices.
- I agree to make space and time to take care of myself, my needs, and my body, so that I can show up fully for you as the Client and your journey.
Energy Healing (EH) practitioners and Coaches hold as the highest priority for their professional activities the health and welfare of their clients, students, and others with whom they become professionally involved. All other statements in this document are elaborations upon this principle.
As your Coach, I am committed to a lifelong process of personal development in body, mind, and spirit.
As your Coach, I uphold professional standards of conduct and accept appropriate responsibility for my behavior.
As your Coach, I promote accuracy, honesty, and truthfulness in my communications and in the practice, teaching, science, and art of alchemy, energy healing, coaching, self-care, self-healing, and inner exploration.
As your Coach, I keep my agreements and avoid unrealistic or unclear commitments.
As your Coach, I take reasonable precautions to ensure that my personal biases, the boundaries of my competence, impairments to my health and well-being, and the limitations of my expertise do not negatively impact the services I provide to my clients.
As your Coach, I respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of all people, and the rights of individuals to privacy, confidentiality, and self-determination.
As your Coach, I am committed to give all persons access to and benefit from the contributions of energy healing, coaching, and self-healing while retaining the right to maintain my integrity, best judgment, and personal safety at all times.
As your Coach, I am aware of, respect, and accommodate individual, cultural, and role differences, including those based on age, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, representational system, element, and socioeconomic status.
As a Coach and Healer, I contribute a portion of my professional time for little or no compensation.
As your Coach, I demonstrate a personal commitment to acting ethically; modeling ethical behavior, encouraging ethical behavior by students, supervisees, employees, and colleagues; and consulting with others concerning ethical problems.
UPDATED: APRIL 16, 2018_LA